In these conditions of sale:
- The company means T.J.Ewbank Limited – Registered in England No.04880759 .
- The Registered Office is: Broad Oaks, Bolton, Appleby, Cumbria CA16 6AL
- The customer means any person contracting with the company for the supply of bags of logs/firewood and/or nets of kindling.
- The product means either logs or kindling.
- Delivery means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly.
Submission of an order online will be taken as agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
Supply of Product
Products are sold under the understanding that:
- Contracts for the supply of logs to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Protection (distance selling) regulations 2000 as amended by S1689 2005.
- The customer is fully made aware of conditions of sale regarding natural products. We cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves. Natural products may show some colour variations. All sizes quoted are approximate.
- The company requires any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within 48 hours of delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with the product then collection or replacement will be arranged within 5 working days after the complaint has been logged. The item for collection must be in the same condition and quantity as when delivered. If a replacement is not required, then a refund will be made for the original purchase price, once the item has been returned to T.J.Ewbank Limited. If the item is found not to be in the same condition and quantity as when delivered, costs may be deducted.
- All prices quoted by the company for the sale of any products include the cost of delivery and VAT @ 5%, unless otherwise stated.
- Customers ordering online are required to pay by credit card/debit card at the time of ordering. Local customers must pay on delivery unless other arrangements have been made.
- All products (however delivered) shall be at the customer’s risk from the time of delivery. After such time the company shall be under no liability for loss, damage or deterioration of the product from whatever cause arising.
- The company will make every effort to deliver the logs on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then there will be no liability, whether in damages or otherwise, for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered.
- Delivery by the company shall be conditional upon access free from encumbrances and good roads being available to the delivery vehicles to the place of delivery. Delivery drivers are not expected to manoeuvre the pallet beyond the rear of the vehicle, but will always be as helpful as possible, where conditions allow.
- The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery.
- If the company, or its agent cannot gain access to the delivery address then additional costs may be incurred.
- All goods must be checked on arrival and delivery paperwork signed unless prior agreement has been made to leave the goods at the property at which point these will be left at the customer’s risk.
- Lead times may extend during busy periods.
- The Customer has the right to cancel any order. Any cancellations must be made within 7 days from the date of the order being placed and prior to the day of delivery.
- Cancellations are not accepted by telephone and must be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in writing to Broad Oaks, Bolton Appleby, Cumbria, CA16 6AL. Cancellation of local deliveries may be made by telephone (017683 62746)
- Orders that are cancelled after despatch will incur the shipping costs for delivery and return.
- All payments are in sterling (British Pounds).
- All online payment transactions are via Paypal. Payment for local deliveries is by cheque or cash on delivery.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights.